Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I've mentioned before that I am a member of a great local organization called Mommy and Me. Did you know that I'm actually a very important member? Did you know I am on the board? I mean, I'm co-in charge of parties with my friend, Michelle. We are almost as important as the President. Almost. Michelle and I are in charge of putting together about 5 parties a year for our members and their families. We had one very successful beach party in August and Friday we had our 2nd party, a Healthy Halloween and Hay Ride party.



Our party was a huge success, if I do say so myself! And I do. Believe me. We had a great turnout. There was a blow up slide, there was a cupcake walk, there was a hay ride, there were healthy snacks and crafts. SpongeBob Squarepants and Squidward were there. Nemo and Squirt were there. Elmo came. Scooby-Doo made an appearance. There was a doctor in the house, as well as an Indian (Native American?) and some cowboys and girls. I think my favorite guest appearance was this handsome little pirate.



He and his dad went on the hay ride and wandered around the park. We tried our hardest to keep him away from the table full of cupcakes. He ended up only eating about 3 cupcakes. So much for the Healthy Halloween party!





By the end of the party and on the ride home, Kingston consumed his 3rd cupcake and pretty much ate his beard off.





I've never really been into Halloween. I just never got into walking the neighborhood asking for candy. It always made me nervous or something. So we didn't take Kingston Trick-or-Treating on Saturday night. We dressed him up and went out to dinner with his Pappy and Miss Brandi. Here's our tough pirate, sporting a full beard this time, and a little bling.





That was enough for us. That should do it until next year. I'm not sure what I'll do if he ever really gets into it. I guess I buck up and play along. Until then, cheap homemade costumes and minimal candy seems to work for us. Maybe we can convince him that the holiday is only about hay rides and pumpkins. . .



1 comment:

Rendy said...

I love it! What a handsome little pirate he is. Wonder where you got the "no so into Halloween" outlook?