Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'll Stop Complaining Now

I've complained enough. I am done.

Here's the update:

Nigel is feeling better but still gets some nausea and definitely still feels some intense pain after moving around a bit. He has moved from the bed to the couch and gets up and moves around a lot more and better. I did have to tell him to quit vacuuming and to sit down earlier. I think he got the point when he started having shooting pains and needed to lay down. Silly boy. He even was able to watch Kingston for me tonight for a few hours while Mom and Aunt Freda took me out to dinner.

Kingston went back to the doctor this morning after I had had enough of his temper tantrums and ill behavior. The occasional fit I can handle, but tragic event after tragic event was enough to make another trip to the doctor necessary. It was determined that he has a viral infection, is probably contagious, and should be on a regimen of Motrin and Tylenol around the clock to at least make him feel better since there is no medicine for the virus. He seems to be feeling better already and we are hoping for a much happier boy tomorrow. I seriously hope so since he is not going to daycare again tomorrow and I am going to be stuck with him caring for him all day again.

Dinner with Aunt Freda and Mom was a great diversion from the household events of the past few days. Good food and good conversation really hit the spot. Now I'm ready to get through this week with a better attitude! If I can just make it to Friday I will be home free since I am leaving Friday morning to go to an antique show with some girlfriends and coming home late Saturday. I can make it. I know I can. So starting now I won't complain any more. Thanks for listening.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have had it rough lately! Hang in there sister...good times and a little peace & quiet are right around your corner! Dallas

Rendy said...

Dinner was great....such good company! Glad it was a helpful change of scenery for you. Also glad that your boys are feeling better every day. They are lucky to have you to take such good care of them! Enjoy your trip with "the girls."

Jan said...

Wow! What a week. You are allowed to complain. Just met Cameron Spencer. Your Mom says you know her from High Cotton!
cousin Jan