Thursday, July 1, 2010

Proof!

I'm running again! Hooray! I am still taking it really slow and easing back into things, but I ran 2 days this week (only 1 mile, then 2 miles but still. . . ) and did crosstraining one day. My knee is feeling better with only mild pain while running. I've been so jealous of my running buddies and the miles they have been logging while I have been sitting on my butt. In a few weeks I should be right back in line with them.

And starting August 1, one month from today, I will begin training for the Outer Banks 1/2 Marathon in November. I will be doing this with the help of a running coach, Tonia, from Racing With Babes. She is friends with my friend Dallas, who is blogging about the running adventures of the OBX Running Mamas. Such solid girls and I'm so excited to go on this journey with them. Check us out when you can. Things could get a little crazy when the miles start to add up!

2 comments:

Rendy said...

As always.....I am so proud of you! You never give up on things that matter to you. Keep up the good work. I am glad that you are doing this for yourself. You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you are back at the running! Good luck and I hope that knee will be back at 100% healthy very soon! Run some for me!
Happy 4th of July!
Gail