Sunday, August 1, 2010

Let the Fun Begin

Half-marathon training officially starts tomorrow. It is pretty sad how excited I am about this! There have been times in the not-so-distant past that I would have thought running 1 mile would kill me, and I'm about to go on a journey that will take me 14 miles on one run in a matter of weeks. Crazy! But so exciting!

Tomorrow I will strap on my new Garmin Forerunner 305 (thanks, Mom!) and go for my first "official" training run. At 5:15 a.m.. Wow. Wonders never cease.

And on a totally different note, I made the really bad decision to not fight Kingston about taking a nap this afternoon and instead let him lay in my bed and watch a movie in hopes that he would doze off. What actually happened was I laid down with him and fell asleep for about 15 minutes but he never once shut his eyes. And I paid for it later, that's for sure! My boy still needs his afternoon nap. So much so that I put him in bed at the record early time of 7:15 and he was quiet (and asleep, I assume) by 7:30. Lesson learned. Crisis averted.

So tomorrow, I hope 2 things: 1. I hope my first training run is wonderful with my new watch! 2. I hope Kingston doesn't wake up at 6:00 since he went to bed so early!!!

2 comments:

Rendy said...

1. I hope your run goes great! I am excited for you.
2. Naps are good for all ages every day. I took one myself this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
I reckon' you have been on your run and you are back home. I hope the run was great. You are so determined at the running. Keep safe and that Garmin things looks super cool! For napping, I enjoyed several naps Saturday; I was just so tired from the past week. I took one for Kingston and me!
Enjoy your week and the video of Kingston signing and doing the Little Teapot was so enjoyable and funny!
Love,
Gail