Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Long Day With Nana

I volunteered to work a concession for High Cotton today and tomorrow. Nana (Mom) is home this week for one of the 2 weeks she will be in town this summer and offered to watch Kingston. I gladly took her up on the offer and had my first totally full day without my sweet boy. I have actually been looking forward to this for a few days now. Every now and then it is nice to re-join the "real world" and have some time to yourself (well, to yourself and a few thousand other people at the Arts Festival!).

So the day was great. I sold hot dogs and hamburgers like it was going out of style! Kingston got to hang out with Nana all day and meet all of her friends. He loved it. I loved it. Nana loved it. We all had a good day.

I was so happy to see him when we all met for dinner at Rundown. He gave me the biggest smile and it made my day! Absence really does make the heart grow fonder! I love that little boy! He was a good boy at dinner, eating his sweet potatoes in the high chair like a big boy. After a long day with Nana he was totally pooped and fell right asleep when I put him down when we got home.

And we are both ready to do it all again tomorrow. Gotta love a good Nana.

No comments: