There are quite a few things we are going to have to un-do when we get home. Vacation is great but the cold (literally) reality of home is coming too soon. Kingston's routine has been kept fairly the same as far as timing goes, but as far as what happens between waking up, nap time and bed time. . . Uh-oh!
1. Kingston is going to have to go back to wearing a diaper all the time and not pee-peeing off of the patio at random. Don't get me wrong, he is nowhere near potty-trained, and we are not even trying to make that happen. But lots of time spent in wet bathing suits calls for some time to air out and dry out and let it all hang out!
2. Kingston is not going to be able to have cookies for snacks any time he wants them. There are cookies everywhere and since we don't always eat at the regular times, I find myself giving him cookies just to tide him over until breakfast, lunch or dinner. And Pappy likes to gift him with cookies every now and then. He's had the occasional lolly pop and popsicle, too. Sugar.
3. And on the same sugar note, Kingston is going to have to go back to drinking juice cups that are mostly water and very little juice. Here, he has had more than his share of Coke (I know, I know), Fresca, Fanta de Naraja and various other soda pops. They are convenient and they are so tasty since they mostly come out of a glass bottle. Since you have to purchase a beverage at every meal (don't drink the water!) I find it difficult to always order a bottled water since the sodas cost just as much and are so good! I save the Coke Lights for just me but I share the other drinks with Kingston.
4. Nicole showed me how to download movies onto Nigel's iTouch. At home, Kingston is not going to sit at the dinner table in a restaurant and watch Monsters, Inc. over and over again like a crackhead. I've created a monster of my own!
5. Not sure what we are going to do every day when we don't have a beautiful warm beach out front and a sparkling pool 4 yards from our front deck. Gonna have to get seriously creative when we get home!
Uh-oh! We've got some work to do. For now we will just enjoy the rest of our trip. And worry about the trouble when we get home.