Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lucky Duck

Kingston is a lucky duck. He got to spend last night and all day today with his Nana and Grandpa. Why, you might ask? Well, pretty much just because he could. Nana is home for a few days between her many teaching/coordinating/vacationing engagements so she wanted to spend some time with Kingston. And Nigel is out of town until late tonight and I wanted to spend some time without Kingston. Did I say that out loud? Oops.


Nana just sent me some pictures of their time together. Let's see if we can put together the pieces of exactly what went on.



First off, I think they must have watched the Thomas the Tank Engine DVD that I put in his overnight bag. If I had to guess, I'd say they watched it multiple times.







Then they must have played with the storage containers in the kitchen. Grandpa would build the pyramid and Kingston would knock it down. Am I right? (Oh, and Nana, it might be time to recycle some of those yogurt containers. You seem to have quite a few!)





Next was the viewing of Girls Gone Wild! What in the world were you watching? I thought your TV was permanently tuned to Sprout? Luckily Kingston didn't seem to be paying much attention to it and instead was eating the Tinker Toys.





Playing with the storage containers while holding the Thomas DVD case. Multi-tasking, if you will. And I might.






Then Kingston either A) was put in the washer in lieu of taking a bath, or 2) was forced to do laundry. Either one is fine. (If he's doing laundry, thanks for teaching him! I've got some he can work on in the morning.)









Kingston may or may not have been roaming the halls of the local high school. I cannot be totally sure. Word on the street is he visited Aunt Freda and took her out to lunch at Wendy's. That's just what I'm hearing. And good thing he still has his Thomas DVD case with him. You never know when you will need to watch a good movie.








Seems as if there might have been some time spent at the park. If I had to guess, I'd say Nana encouraged more playing in the fossil pit more than climbing and sliding down the slide.








Kingston came home a happy camper. He loves to play with Nana and Grandpa, as you can see. Now I just have to figure out how to convince him that he can breathe, eat, sleep and play all on his own without my help. I don't think he had to do any of those things alone for the past day! But that's what grandparents are for, right? And my day and a half alone was much needed and well worth it.

1 comment:

Rendy said...

Do you think we spoiled him? Isn't that our job? We loved every minute that we had with him and he is welcome any time. Take more time off for you and Nigel or you or whatever!