Monday, August 31, 2009

Can You Hear It?

That is the sound of Kingston's teeth rotting right out of his head as he falls asleep in his carseat while sucking on a lollipop. See?

I did end up asking him to hand it to me and he proceeded to crunch crunch crunch the last little bit, while still sleeping, and hand me the stick. So at least I removed the choking hazard. Give me a break!

And he settled right back in and slept for the rest of the car ride.

We were coming back from our big adventure to Target. The forecast called for rain and I was not about to stay in the house all day with Nigel and Kingston. Just wasn't going to happen. So Kingston and I ventured to Target. An hour away but well worth it! We got some essentials for our upcoming trip to Charleston (more on that later) and had lunch at Chick-fil-a. Man, I love that place! The cashier actually carried my tray to my table for me and asked if she could do anything else for me. And don't think it was some random hour when she had nothing else to do. There was a line. It was noon. I was impressed.

Kingston was going to town on his nuggets. He had gotten approximately 2 1/2 of them down when all eating and drinking and dip-dipping came to a stop. He spotted the indoor playground. I had planned on letting him play for a minute after lunch but he decided he needed to "play, play, play, play, play" and on and on and on, right. That. Minute. I crammed my sandwich down my throat (which really wasn't too much of a problem :) ) and took him to play.

There was an obnoxious little girl sitting on top of the slide who immediately informed me over and over that "he" had to take his shoes off. I mean, if I had wanted to hear something over and over I would have sat at my table a little longer. "Play, play, play. . . " I climbed up into the tunnels with Kingston the first time just to make sure he would be fine by himself up there. He totally would have been. That is until all 20 of the nearly-too-old-to-play-in-the-indoor-playground kids came in. I was up in the intersection of the tunnel and Kingston had gone down one of the tubes to play in the car when I nearly had a panic attack. It was really stuffy and smelled like dirty socks. There were big kids squeezing by me, coming up from the stairs as well as the slide. They were screaming and thumping heavily on the plastic tunnel. I had to step out to the stairs and get some air before going back in to get Kingston. I crammed him down the slide and could not get to the bottom fast enough. Especially since there were large children coming down the not-so-slippery slide behind us.

Yuck. Kingston had a blast. Me? Not-so-much. I will know next time we go there to send him up on his own. He could definitely handle it. I couldn't. I'm hyperventilating right now. Breathe. . .

OK. So we had a great adventure today and got home in time to lay in the bed and watch Finding Nemo in lieu of finishing the nap started in the car. Dinner, playtime, books and now Kingston is fast asleep. Back to work tomorrow. But it will be a short week. But more on that later, remember?


Leah said...

Sounds like an exciting time. I so wish we had a chic-fil-a out here. :( I've had fun reading your blog, so glad I found it!

Lauren said...

Please do tell about your short week. :) And please don't forget to mention the ice cream that will be consumed. :)

Lauren said...

And Target and Chick Fil A....quite possibly the best day ever!!!

Rendy said...

Sounds like a perfect day except for those over-grown kids bothering my little grandson! They had better be glad that Nana was not there. Your week/weekend ahead will be great for family and friends! Have fun, make memories and be safe.