Monday, August 17, 2009

It Had Been Too Long-Updated!

** Update**
After a great night of sleep, Kingston woke up with only a bit of a fever and in a pretty good mood. He was ready for his nap pretty early-around 11:30- and is still asleep. I think he is feeling a lot better. I'm glad I didn't take him to Ms. Cindy's today just to be sure. I'm almost certain he will be ready to go back on Thursday.

We are planning an afternoon adventure to McDonald's for a cheeseburger (Give me a break-the kid loves a cheeseburger and he should have one. He's been sick!) and then WalMart for some necessities. We might even stop at Wink's on the way home for a Tootsie Pop. I'm going with the theory that he needs to be spoiled a little since he has felt so bad the last few days.

Thanks for the concern. I think we are on our way to well.


It had been too long since Kingston had been to see Nurse Karen for a sick baby visit (as opposed to a well baby visit). He was missing her so he decided he would contract some strange disease that caused a fever and sores in his throat just so that he could see her again! Kingston spent last night with Nana and Grandpa's and woke up this morning burning up with fever and needing lots of attention and loving. There is never a loss for either of those things at Nana and Grandpa's house, thank goodness!

I stopped by for a quick visit this morning before heading to work for a bonus day of waiting tables (cash $) and saw how sick he really was. I asked Nana to take him to the Dr. if he got any more lethargic and sluggish and at about 12:00 she called to say he was definitely worse. She took him in to see the Dr. and Nurse Karen and it seems he has Fifth Disease. Again. Looks like he might have Hand Foot and Mouth Disease symptoms as well. Again. High fever and mouth blisters. Yuck! He is on a Motrin/Tylenol regimen, as there is nothing you can really do to treat either disease.

I think he was feeling a bit better tonight but he pretty much asked to go night night after he watched his nightly episodes of Curious George. I tried to rock him for a bit in his room but he just wanted to lay down in his crib and he pretty much went straight to sleep. I hope he gets a great night of sleep and feels better tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will be staying home with Kingston instead of taking him to Ms. Cindy's and going to work. Hopefully we will have a good day around the house and things will be back to normal by Wednesday.

Super big thanks to Nana for taking care of a sick little boy on her last free day before her school year officially starts. We would be lost-and day care broke-without you!


Lee said...

Oh, no. Poor Kingston. That sounds terrible. Hope he feels better soon!

Melissa said...

It sure was good seeing you guys.

Hope your little man is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope Kingston is feeling better today!

Lauren said...

So glad he is feeling better! Love the pampering!

Anonymous said...

I am glad Mr. Kingston is feeling better. I hope the trip for a delicious cheeseburger and Wally World help his feelings and Mommy's too!

Rendy said...

Nana and Grandpa are ALWAYS ready to help with the attention and loving of Kingston! Sounds like he is doing great today and that is super news. See....there can never be too much loving from a nana and a grandpa!

Kathy said...

So glad Kingston is feeling better:) It's always amazing how quickly illness can set in on a young one and then again how it usually moves on pretty quickly as well. Hope you two have a good day together.