Sunday, August 17, 2008

And We're Off!

To Wilmington. And maybe Myrtle Beach and Charleston. Nigel is going to do some work and Kingston and I are going to meet up with some friends that I haven't seen in a long time. My friend Kimmi and one of my old friends, Colleen, moved to Boston right before Kimmi's baby girl, Luna, was born in early December. They are in Wilmington for about a week and we are going to visit with them. I am so excited because I haven't seen these girls in at least 2 years and of course our kiddies have never met. I will definitely take pictures and post them as soon as I can. I'm not sure if I am taking my laptop on the road. I end up taking so much crap when we travel and the laptop is just one more thing to carry into the hotel every night.


Funny story about Kimmi: There was a time when 2 of Nigel's good friends, Billy and Justin, were dating 2 lovely ladies, Heleen and Kimmi, respectively. We used to hang out together occassionally and Kimmi and Justin would stay with us when they came in town from Wilmington. For various reasons, Billy and Heleen and Justin and Kimmi broke up about 2 years ago. I was sad, especially about Justin and Kimmi since I like them both a lot. The funny part comes in about June of last year when it was discovered that Kimmi, Heleen and I were all pregnant at the same time and had a due date within a week of each other. I thought that was pretty interesting. Of course, Kimmi and Heleen's babies' daddies are neither Justin nor Billy, but I still thought it was pretty crazy. Heleen ended up having twins, a boy and a girl, then Kimmi had Luna, then I had Kingston. I don't imagine that I will ever meet Heleen's kids since they now live in Texas on a ranch but I sure am excited about meeting Kimmi's little Luna.


I'll try to keep you updated on our progress on the road. Or at least I will try to post a bunch when we get back. I'll leave you with a few really cute pictures of Kingston just to hold you over for a bit.


Wilmington here we come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy the time with your family and your friends. I love the new pictures!
Mom

Eden said...

What is really funny to me is that you & I knew all the same exact people- but never really met each other until Missy's wedding...and it took me months after that to put it together that you were with Nigel! (I remember when Heleen & Billy broke up...Billy became my 3rd roommate- & you would've thought the world was over.)

Have a safe trip!