Friday, August 22, 2008

I Did it for the First Time. . .

I called the Doctor's office to ask a question about Kingston. Up until today I had never called the Dr.'s office for anything. Even Lee's mom, Karen, who is our favorite nurse (even though she gives Kingston his shots!) has been surprised that I, as a new mom, haven't called with a bunch of questions. I never really thought I needed to until today. I had been noticing that Kingston was playing/pulling on his ears a lot in the past few days. He did it mostly when he was in his highchair eating which always resulted in sticky hair behind the ears. He also woke up nearly every hour on the hour last night, resulting in very unrested parents.

So since it was Friday, meaning the weekend was coming and that means a closed pediatrician's office, I decided to bite the bullet, suck it up, and give the office a call. The nurse called me right back and after I told her the symptoms, she suggested we come right in just in case. We got there in about 15 minutes (the nurse was so excited since we were the last patient of their 1/2 day). Dr. Thompson, not Kingston's usual doctor, saw him very quickly, checked his ears, nose and teeth and declared him to be teething and having very healthy-looking ears.

I did it. Called the doctor, went in, and it was nothing. I am so happy that Kingston does not have a ear infection and I am so happy I got that false alarm doctor's visit out of the way. Now let's just hope he sleeps through the night tonight. Hopefully the small dose of Infant Tylenol will do the trick. Those pesky little Chicklet teeth! So cute but such a pain!

2 comments:

Rendy said...

You are such a good mom! I hope the whole Haynes family had a better night after the Tylenol.
Love, Mom

Rendy said...

I love the new picture of Kingston"s pretty mom and his preppy self! Does dad approve of the outfit?
Love, Nana