Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Playground, Marina, and Horses

What do these 3 things have in common?



We had fun with all of them today! Kingston and I met Eden and Little Miss in Manteo for a playdate this morning. The kiddies played on the swings and slides while the adults chatted it up. It was so fun to catch up with Eden live and in person! We had a great time. This time I remembered my camera!












After playing and relaxing a bit, we loaded into Eden's car and headed to the Marina in Wanchese where we had lunch. (Hey, Eden, does that place even have a name?! It didn't even have a sign out front!) I LOVE eating at "greasy spoon" places and this was perfect! Do you want a cheeseburger with fries, a chicken sandwich with fries or a chicken salad sandwich with fries? We opted for the cheeseburger and fries and a sweet tea and I was in heaven! We even got to see Missy's mom, who runs the register.
Lunch at the Marina was great, Kingston was getting a bit sleepy-even though Little Miss kept telling him "Kingston open your eyes!"-but we still hadn't visited the horses. Off we went! I went to a part of Wanchese I had never been before and we got to see all of the horses that Eden and Missy always talk about. Mack was the only one who would give us the time of day. He was a beautiful horse. Kingston was not his biggest fan. A little too big for my sleepy boy! Maybe next time we will see the horses first, then do the other fun stuff!! I'm not exactly a "horse" person because I've never really been around them much. But look at this picture! How beautiful is he? And check out Kingston's reflection in his eye. So cool.
Kingston fell asleep in Eden's car before we got back to the playground where my car was. I moved him in his car seat without disturbing him!
He slept the whole way home, I moved him to his crib, and he slept for another hour, until we had visitors and Able's barking woke him up. My good friend Kerrie is in town from Charlotte with her 5 week old little boy, Noah. I got to hold that sweet little nugget until Kingston woke up and he was so precious! We got the boys together for a quick photo op before Noah had to go have a late afternoon snack. Kingston looks like a good big brother, don't you think? Well, he'll look even better as a big brother when he is 5 or 6 years old!!! Don't get excited, people.
We had such a fabulous day. There is nothing quite like hanging out outside for most of the day and spending some time with good friends-and their sweet kids.


1 comment:

Eden said...

We had such a great day with you guys!! :)