Thursday, April 10, 2008

Big Day, Big Day!


Kingston and I had a big day today. We went to Evie's house and were happy to see that Presley and her little boy, Barrett, were there, too. The older kids played while Kingston chatted with the girls. I ended up staying and talking to Evie almost ALL day! I always have fun hanging out with her. I sure do wish she didn't live all the way across the country!



Tonight was a big night for Kingston. He tried rice cereal for the first time. I wasn't sure how to make it, and he wasn't sure how to eat it!! It pretty much ended up being just a big mess! I think I breast milked it down too much and made it too thin but it served its purpose. Now we know that he is NOT ready for cereal! I guess. I don't know! He "ate" it off the spoon-more sucked it off-and most of it dribbled down his bib. The funny part was that he then tried to lick it off of the bib. So he wasn't opposed to the flavor, he just couldn't seem to keep it in his mouth. And then most of it ended up coming back up before we got him out of his seat. I don't think his tongue reflexes are developed yet and he needs to be able to sit up a little better. So we pause in our attempt to eat things from a spoon. There's plenty of time for that. I think we will wait until after his 4 month check up in 2 weeks and see what the doctor says before we give it another try.

Good friends and cereal. What a great Thursday!

No comments: