Saturday, April 12, 2008

Here We Go Again!

Tonight we are crying it out again. Last night, being the Mother of the Year that I am, I stayed at Brandy's with Evie, Sarah and Presley and of course Kingston until 11:00! Kingston slept a little on my lap while we were there and cried most of the way home. He fell into his crib at 11:30 and went straight to sleep. Tonight, probably because of a few inconistent nights, he is really not feeling his 8:00 bedtime. I even gave him a few extra minutes, read a few extra stories and took my time changing him, swaddling him and feeding him. So far he has been crying for 4 minutes. Seems like a lifetime!!! The plan is to let him cry for 15, go in and try to calm him-pat him, reinsert pacifier, etc.-and then leave and start on another 15. If I do this more than 3 times I will have to resort to something else-maybe a bottle. I try to never take him out of his room and only pick him up if I think I have to.

Once again I hate the backsliding. Just when you think you have at least one thing figured out. . .

10 minutes and counting. . .

No comments: