Sunday, February 15, 2009

Right On Target

Nana, Kingston and I went on an exciting adventure today. We went to Target! For those who don't know, we live at least an hour from the nearest Target. That is both a good and a bad thing. I love Target, and I find it to be very affordable. I don't, however, need a Target close enough for me to go to every day and spend a bunch of money I don't have!

I am very excited to announce that I am going to the Big City at the end of the month! (This is big news for a girl who doesn't even get to shop at Target on the regular!) I am going to New York City with 6 other girls for a long weekend. I could not possibly be more excited about this trip. It will be my first weekend out of town without Kingston, and Nigel's first weekend at home alone with him, so we will all be out of our comfort zone a bit. I'm looking forward to it. Of the 6 girls going, one is a friend whom I have been friends with since I was about 3 years old. I know 2 of the other girls through this friend, but haven't spent much time with them socially. I've never even met any of the other girls. It should be an interesting trip. I'll describe my upcoming trip in more detail another time. This post is more about our trip to Target and what we purchased.

The reason I brought up the trip in the first place is because I had to do some shopping today in preparation for said trip. I needed new underwear. If I am sharing a room with a few strangers, I could not possibly let them see the rags I've been wearing for the past few years! I am still wearing the parachute-like drawers that I wore while pregnant! If you saw me when I was sporting the extra 55 pounds that I gained while preganant, I hope you will wonder how I can now even keep those underwear on my body! So I got some new ones. I still need to get some new bras but I have decided to go somewhere where they actually help you with your fit instead of continuing to buy the wrong size. Wish me luck on that one.

We shopped for more than just undergarments today. Since Kingston and I have been venturing into the backyard on every warm day that comes our way, I decided we should look into getting some backyard toys. Target didn't really have a whole lot to offer in that department, but we did find a really cute sand/water/picnic table that Nana purchased for us. Thanks, Nana! We can't wait to play outside when it warms up!
Kingston "helped" us put the table together tonight. Between slipping all over the seat while we were trying to assemble it and then climbing on top of it before it was finished, let's just say it took a bit longer than expected, but we finished it. Oh, Able "helped" put it together, too. Another really helpful helper.








This last shot is showing how tired and worn out all of the day's shopping and building made Kingston. He is in bed now. I'll admit-I'm not far behind him!



1 comment:

Rendy said...

Looks like the new table is a perfect fit for Kingston! I hope the weather will allow him to use it outside very soon. It will be a fun place for sand and water play as well as a picnic on a pretty day. Have fun little man!