Thursday, February 5, 2009

Honorable MckMention

Obsessed as I am with the My Charming Kids blog, I have again participated in a Name that Photo contest. And I got mentioned on MckMama's blog! Hooray! I have arrived.


So having said that, I feel the pressure to write a really fun and exciting post, seeing as how she linked to me on her blog, which means I should get some new traffic. Hello and welcome new friends! Come back again if you are interested in reading about pretty much nothing of great consequence.

-----
Kingston participated in his second day of daycare today. Ms. Cindy called at about 10:30 to report that he had stopped crying by the time I had gotten in my car this morning! He did great all day. She said he needs to learn to stop freaking at diaper changing (oops) and to realize that he can't always get his way (he can't?!) but other than that he is a very good boy. She said we should be very proud of him, and we are. A good report card. Whew!


He was totally exhausted when he got home, signing over and over that he was hungry. I think when he gets tired he thinks he needs to eat to keep himself awake! We will work on that one, too. He is currently in bed and has been since 7:15. I think that is the earliest he has ever gone to bed! Worn out for sure. He goes back on Tuesday and should do just fine again.
-----

On a totally and completely other note, you should see the burgers that I made on Super Bowl Sunday! I could have cared less about the game but really wanted some "game day food" so I turned to a burger. I have recently gotten into reading The Pioneer Woman blog for some good food inspiration and ideas. The burger she cooked and described last week had me intrigued, so I went for it. Check it out! Her picture was much prettier, but I added homemade sweet potato fries, so I think I get a few points for that, right?


It was huge and delicious! It really hit the spot. I recommend it for a different sort of burger, although I will admit I do love a plain old cheeseburger, too. I've already eaten dinner but I really wish I had one of these burgers right this minute, and I'm sure you do too!
-----

An update on daycare and a picture of a good burger. Pretty fun and exciting, I think. I hope you enjoyed. That was the best I've got. And that was me showing off.


3 comments:

Rendy said...

That burger looked better than wonderful to me! WOW! Be sure and share with me how you made it.

Glad today went so well for Kingston. He IS the sweetest boy and I know that holding that title is exhausting. Sleep tight little man!

GABE, ASHLEY, SADIE AND OF COURSE ME, CC THE STAR! said...

MMMM, SURE LOOKS TASTY....I NEED TO RESERVE TABLE FOR TWO....SUPERSIZE THOSE TASTY SWEET POTATO FRIES AND A SHUT MY MOUTH!

Lauren said...

Send a burger my way! You know I love a good burger! So glad Kingston had a good day! Tired at night is a great thing!!! Way to go Big Boy K!