Thursday, February 12, 2009

Steak Dinner

We had Ribeyes on the grill (1/2 price at Harris Teeter-wooohooo!), asparagus and mashed potatoes for dinner. Yum!

That was the best part of our day. Well, that and the fact that I was pretty busy at work today and made good tips. I made enough to pay for Kingston to go to Ms. Cindy's tomorrow, too, and pay for part of next week.

Kingston had a pretty good day at daycare today. At least he had a good morning. He played, ate a snack, ate a good lunch, napped for 2 hours. Then he fell apart. He fussed for the rest of the afternoon. Ms. Cindy suggested I take him to the Dr. to get checked for an ear infection, just to rule it out. His eyes were droopy and he seemed sluggish, even though he had had a good nap. So I whisked him down to his doctor to get a quick peek in the ears. Too bad I got there at 4:45 and was informed that they closed at 5:00 and that I could bring him back at 8:30 tomorrow morning to be seen. Huh. Not a happy mama. I almost cried. And it takes a lot to make me cry. (Nurse Karen, if you are reading this, I looked for you but didn't see you back there! I think Kingston is fine. Please don't worry.)

On the way home Kingston seemed to perk up. He has been pretty good this evening and I am back to feeling like it is just the molars giving him heck. I bought some Baby Orajel to try tonight and I'm still going to pump him with Tylenol and see how he feels in the morning. Thanks for all of the suggestions, friends! I plan on getting some Popsicles and/or frozen fruit and some Motrin for future tooth/fever issues.

The bad news came when I checked my email a bit ago and had an update from my Core 4 friend, Mere. Remember Mere? She's the one who just had a sweet baby girl 2 short weeks ago. Well, Mere's husband just got laid off from his job as a lawyer that he has had all of 1 month. They had relocated their family less than a month before the new baby was born for this job. Mere left her favorite nursing job ever to make this move. They left good friends and moved into a rented house for this job. Thank goodness they didn't buy a house like they had originally planned to do. My heart goes out to Mere and her family as they try to put the pieces together and figure out what to do. I know everything will work out for them. It just makes me sick to think about how hard this must be for them. Please say a prayer for them.

So I will focus on the good. My steak dinner sure was delicious!



3 comments:

Rendy said...

I'm so glad to hear that Kingston is feeling better but I am not happy with the refusal to see a sick child. That worries me! And poor Mer.........I can't imagine! She and Stu will work things out but what pressure for a young family. I am not happy with the law firm that gave him a job for one month. Maybe I need to contact two offices!

Eden said...

Oh! I used Infant Advil too- that worked best b/c it reduces the swelling in their gums. :)

Or you know...you could just rub whiskey on his gums like my grandparents always suggested with me. Drinking age- shminking age.

Melissa said...

I'm a sucker for anything on the grill.

Glad you had a good day at work-and Kingston is doing better :)