Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bird is the Word!

I have been trying to think of a good reason to make one of these cute little birds that I found on this blog. I was going to make a bunch for favors for Lee's shower that is coming up but I have promptly run out of time and energy for that (sorry, Lee!).



After talking to Lee today about fun wedding things, we got on the topic of cake toppers. She mentioned that she had seen some cute little birds on the web site Etsy but that they were pretty expensive for little decorations to put in icing! It immediately made me think of the cute little birdies I had been dreaming about for weeks.



I broke out the sewing machine tonight and on my first try, I came up with this:



I think he is pretty cute! Remember, it is my first attempt and I haven't used a sewing machine since I made really cute aprons for Christmas gifts 2 years ago. With a little practice and some much cuter fabric, I'll be able to perfect my craft! I think these little birdies would sit quite nice on the top of a cake!



If some of those Etsy people can get $50.00 for their silly little birds. . .

2 comments:

Eden said...

Holy Cow, you know how to use a sewing machine?!? I just figured out what we can do when I'm in town, Teacher Lori ;)

Lee said...

Lori I love it! You did a great job. I want to try to make one. Thanks for showing me the link.