Monday, September 8, 2008

Oh Great.

On my way home from work today I suddenly noticed that my air conditioner had cut out. I was a little bummed but expected to check it out when we got home. Suddenly a light starts to flash on my dash and the word "STOP" started flashing quite menacingly! I, the rule follower that I am, pulled right over and stopped my car. I sat for a few seconds then started it again and it did the same thing. I turned it off and sat for about 2 minutes. I started it again and began to head home again. As I pulled in the driveway the lights started screaming at me again. I checked my fluids and noticed that the coolant was lower than the minimum line. A little more inspection showed that my car is leaking coolant. Great.

Grandpa was in the neighborhood and he stopped by for a quick visit. He and Mark checked things out under the car and couldn't tell where the leak was coming from but also noticed some sludge around the tires. According to Grandpa, the leak could be a hose (hopefully) or a busted radiator (major bummer). The sludge around the tire is a busted something or other having to do with the breaks or wheels or something. Both issues could be minor, but they also could be really expensive. Not good timing. Not at all.

Why is it that when you can barely even pay attention, you have to pay for silly unexpected major expenses? I'm not a happy camper. And to top it all off, my mechanic can't even take my car until Wednesday.

When it rains, it pours. At least I have fairly new $40 windshield wipers. (Gotta love a Volkswagen. Every part is twice as expensive. Great).

No comments: