Saturday, September 13, 2008

We Finally Showered!

For Lee, we had a wedding shower. It was the most fun! Lee's sister and future sister-in-law, Kate and Ashley, respectively, were my co-hosts. We prepared lots of good food and did some decorating, had some cute favors and fun prizes for games. Not to toot our own horn or anything, but toot, toot! It was a good shower!


Kate had an amazing recipe for Tomato Pie that was SO good. Let me know if anyone is interested in the recipe. It was really tastey. Imagine homemade pie crust (Shhhhh, Kate. They will never know the truth!), fresh tomatoes, basil, green onions, and a cheesey, savory topping, all baked to perfection. Yum!


Before:


After:


Here's a look at some of the other things we put together. We had Buffalo chicken dip, B.L.T. dip, homemade pimiento cheese, chicken salad, ham biscuits, fruit salad, veggies and dip, and deviled eggs, to name a few. We made coconut cupcakes that turned out beautifully. I was so happy with the results. Our spread looked and tasted great, if I do say so myself!


We played a few games (good ones, Ashley!) and I won one of them! I won a set of notecards with stamps and a calendar. I'm so excited! Lee opened lots of presents and got lots of really great stuff. I am totally jealous of all of the new treasures she got. I would love a fresh new set of organic towels and gift cards to Target and money and kitchen supplies and other fun stuff! Lucky girl, that Lee!


It was a most enjoyable party. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did. Kingston had a good time, too. Here he is with the guest of honor. He loves Lee! Too bad he wasn't looking at the camera. He was finding something outside quite interesting.

Congrats, Lee! Can't wait for the big day in November! I'm so glad we got to celebrate with you.

3 comments:

Rendy said...

Everything looks fabulous and definitely has the "Lori touch" too! I know that Lee enjoyed having special friends and family to celebrate with her. I would love the tomato pie recipe. It looks yummy!
Love, Mom

Lee said...

The shower was so fun! Thank you for everything, Lori! Everyone was amazed that you were able to prepare all that great food while also being the mom of the cutest baby ever. I had such a good time, I'm glad you did too!

Unknown said...

Yes the shower was great, thanks to our combined efforts! I know Lee will remember it forever.