Friday, October 17, 2008

My Trip is Delayed!

I was planning on being on the road right now. On my way to Chapel Hill for a fun-filled weekend with my girls.

Remember those expensive jeans I bought? Yeah. I took them to Alterations by Lucy to get about 6 inches taken off of the bottom (wonder why "real" jeans always come in a length that would only fit Yao Ming?). I stressed to Lucy (at least I assume her name is Lucy) that I needed them Thursday afternoon at the latest. In her Russian accent, (after she told me that the jeans that I was currently wearing needed to be hemmed, too) she told me that they would be ready after 2:30 on Thursday. Perfect, right?

Yeah. Perfect if I had remembered to pick them up yesterday after 2:30. I think it was something like 5:15 when I realized I hadn't picked them up, and Lucy heads home at 4:00. Great. And she doesn't open until 10:00 on Friday morning, and I have been warned that she is rarely on time.

Sooooo. . . I will be leaving a little after 10:00, after I pick up my jeans from Lucy. I believe that I delivered at least 1/2 of my brain at the same time as I delivered my precious baby boy. I got to keep the baby boy but I think the brain went in the bucket with the rest of the "extra stuff" that was thrown away.

2 comments:

Eden said...

Yea...I think half my brain went in that after-birth-trashcan too. I swear I will forget to eat until I am so hungry I'm about to pass out...WHO does that!?!?

Just like yesterday...I forgot about the playgroup until after I made plans and had hyped up Little Miss to go to the pumpkin patch!

Next week!

Melissa said...

Safe travels, Haynes' :)