Tuesday, October 21, 2008

When Kerry Got Married. . .

she became Kerry Ruggieri (say it like it rhymes because it does!)! What a wonderful wedding weekend. The weather wasn't perfect, but it was nice enough to have the ceremony outside in the Forrest Theater, right across the street from Cobb Dorm (affectionately known as "Cobby T" or "Cobb Theater". Don't ask.), where all of my favorite Carolina girls and me resided our Sophomore year (Kerry's Freshman year). The bridesmaids were beautiful, the groomsmen were handsome, and the ceremony was great. Kers looked absolutely gorgeous and her dress was amazing. She and Joe looked so comfortable and in love.


The reception was so much fun! Kers and Joe danced to Josh Turner's "Would You Go With Me" and it was such a great dance. We stuffed our faces with good food like shrimp and grits and a taco bar and had a few beverages, alcoholic and non. Then we were so excited to see Atlanta Rhythm and Groove as the band because my friend Lauren had them at her reception a few years ago and they were the best party band ever! They didn't disappoint us in Chapel Hill, either. Since I am a terrible dancer (I mean, what are you supposed to do with your arms while moving your feet?) I loved their playlist because they play songs that you can pretty much just shuffle your feet and clap to. Perfect! We danced and danced and danced some more. They were supposed to stop at 11:00 but I think I saw Joe tell them that he would pay them anything they wanted to just play 1 more hour! It was that much fun! They ended up playing another 30 minutes and I'm not sure how much that cost Joe but I think it was worth it!
So to Kers and Joe, I am so happy for you. Kers is one of the most special people I have ever met in my life. She is so caring, giving, and selfless. She is super-intelligent and so motivated. I am so proud of her in so many ways. I mean, Google her. Kerry Slatkoff. She actually comes up with a bunch of impressive things about her! (Google me and I don't even exist in cyber space!!!) I don't know Joe as well but he is a perfect match for Kers. These two are going to places, and I don't just mean Thailand and Malaysia for their honeymoon! They are going to do great things individually and as a couple. They are good people.


I was trying to make this whole post about Kers but I had to throw in a few pics of my handsome date. He sat next to Lauren's little girl, McLain at the wedding. Then he sat with me during cocktail hour until he met up with his babysitter friend.







And I have to giggle because now my friend's name is Kerry Ruggieri!

1 comment:

Rendy said...

You are such a good friend to your friends! I know that Kerry loved having you and your "handsome date" share this special time with her. About that date.........he really IS handsome.......but then look at his beautiful mom. What would you expect?